About the job
A multinational food manufacturer, which is home to some of the most loved brands in Britain, has a key opening within its in-house packaging division.
This exciting new role of Lead Print Production Manager will be key in resetting the artwork systems, end to end processes and upskilling of the entire team to step change the quality of artwork output!
You will be expected to initially work with all team members to summarise where interventions are required (Tools, Processes and People), and then lead a continuous improvement drive to implement agreed changes that significant impact the quality and consistency of our artworks across all UK brands.
What will be your key results?
Initially, you will be looking to:
- Work with key partners and external experts to identify interventions vital to step change the company’s approach to artwork creation, development and qualification.
- Build strategy relationships with key suppliers, sharing and build technical expertise and aligned approaches to artwork qualification on press.
- Lead a continuous improvement drive to implement agreed changes end-to-end that significantly impact quality and consistency of artwork output.
- Roll out training to the organisation to upskill all functions.
Ongoing responsibilities will then include:
- Complete management of the UK artwork portfolio to deliver artworks on time, on cost and to agree quality expectations.
- Make priority calls when business demand outstrips system capacity.
- Offer continuous guidance and retraining to ensure compliance to the new artwork development processes at creation, translate and print phases.
- Identify and directly manage technically difficult or strategically important artwork development programs end-to-end.
- Attend 1st print trials and ensure printer accountability is clearly defined.
- Provide technical insight during print issue investigation and root cause.
- Coordinate with our partners to ensure root cause takeaways are fed into the Print Quality program for every printer.
What do you need for this role?
To be successful you will be a strong organiser, someone who takes personal accountability for projects and can challenge with positive intent!
- Qualified by: Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Graphic Design or Print technology fields
- Recent PPM experience with Flexo and Gravure printing, preferably within the food industry
- Proficient to expert in Pre-press and Print techniques and process (e.g., Flexo, Litho, Gravure, Colour separation, rotation, trapping, bleeding, stepping, file resolution, etc)
- Good understanding of effective Print, Photo Studio, and/or Digital production processes, roles, tools (digital and conventional) and workflow practices and trends.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (including analysis, interpretation, & reasoning).
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organisation, as well as, internal and external clients.
- Ability to communicate effectively & work within a team in a fast-paced and evolving environment.
- Ability to work with and influence peers and management
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting
- Strong organisational and planning skills, able to see big picture business objectives as well as the intricate priorities that are needed to run the portfolio
- Strong understanding of brand design equity elements and guardrail metrics
- Demonstrable experience in a printing or Print manager role
- Understanding of Packaging technology substrates is preferable: Flexibles, Paper and Board and Corrugated board
- Proven track record of project / programme leadership
This role will require periodic travel to Printers within the UK & EU for print trials