Harrison Scott Associates
£Generous Executive Package
Finishing, Mailing and Fulfilment, Packaging, Pre-Press, Printing, Supplier
One of the most successful companies within the sector they operate is looking to appoint top level managing director with a background in manufacturing to direct and control the operations of this pioneer that has been established for decades.
This Managing Director role will direct and control the work and resources of this company that has an exceptionally strong balance sheet, ensuring recruitment and retention of required numbers and types of well-motivated, trained and developed staff to achieve the outlined mission and objectives.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• The senior member of the management team with responsibility to direct and co-ordinate all departments.
• Responsible for the annual plan and budget for the company.
• Overall responsibility for staffing levels, staff discipline and assigning responsibilities.
• Responsible for monitoring and controlling the resources of the company to maximise profitability.
• Liaising with the company auditors in the preparation of the Statutory Accounts.
• Approval of contracts and agreements with external suppliers, subject to restrictions set out in service agreement
• Responsible for ensuring the company complies with all legal and statutory requirements.
• Responsible for the development and presentation of business strategies to the board of directors.
• Provide strategic advice and guidance to the members of the Board, to keep them aware of developments within the industry.
• Overall responsibility for establishing company policies and insuring they are carried out correctly.
• Establish and maintain effective links with major customers, relevant government departments and agencies, local authorities, key decision-makers and other stakeholders generally, to exchange information and views and to ensure that the Company is providing the appropriate range and quality of services.
• Develop and maintain an effective marketing and public relations strategy to promote the products, services and image of the Company in the wider community.
• Approval of the annual sales budget.
• Responsible for carrying out the appraisals of senior managers
This role is perfectly suited for decision maker who exhibits a high attention to detail and excels in planning and strategising. In terms of strengths as a manager, we are looking for a visionary leader with an ability to inspire and engage people, and who applies a cooperative style.
When it comes to the experience we seek, you must have been operating in a senior managerial role for numerous years, with exposure to financial planning and strategy, and HR and performance management.
To truly stand out from the crowd, you have completed technical studies and have knowledge of business administration, or will be a university graduate with a business degree in order to fully understand the key competencies of this role.
If you are an excellent communicator with fantastic interpersonal skills and think you fulfil all responsibilities outlined then we would love to hear from you.