Harrison Scott Associates
Up to £85k pa (inc car allowance)
We are looking for a high calibre individual to direct and lead the Manufacturing Operations of our client's super impressive site.
Using KPI’s to drive the business objectives and strategic goals and accountable for the reliability of the equipment by PPM
compliance and using RCA to eliminate reoccurring failures focussing on trends that are
Drive and embed the framework by creating an engaged workforce ensuring
that products are manufactured to meet customer expectations on Quality, Cost and
Delivery requirements within agreed product standard’s. Ensure all activities within the
department comply with the relevant standards, policies, values and behaviours. Drive a
culture of high performing teams.
Compliant with the relevant areas of ownership in the product management process.
This is a Senior Leadership position within our client's business and you will be expected to operate at a senior
level within the business providing clear and precise reports and requests for support if needed. A
key driver in the delivery and governance of the PMO strategic delivery.
· Ensure compliance to Environmental, Health and Safety as well as security protocols
championing these with a continual eye for improvement.
· Meet business objective through driving KPI’s focussing on trends and reoccurring issues
· Oversee and support day to day issues by proactively prioritising, supporting and making
data based decisions on a large range of subjects, in line with Site and Group Strategy.
· Lead the transformation of the department by developing and deploying the
departmental operational strategy ensuring that the framework is
embedded through tactical implementation plans driving regular and sustained step
· Champion the site’s Floor Management System ensuring day to day business is
managed through localised timely PDCA cycle.
· Incorporate asset care methodologies including AM, PM & 6S into the day to day
· Act as a leader driving a high performing engaged culture.
· Build a robust roadmap for the long term within operations taking idea generation
through to full roll out through the PMO process.
· Drive best practice culture throughout the operations’ department and develop and embed the best current methods through internal and external benchmarking.
· Develop a process based organisation within the department, leading change by breaking down barriers between shifts, people and departments by challenging and empowering employees to shape, develop and implement small and regular step changes linked to waste.
· Innovate and, where appropriate, implement new ways of working, including lean manufacturing tools, equipment and processes in order to improve performance within the production areas.
· Work with all levels of the organisation on understanding the processes and lead the improvements to operational capability and build the investment justifications in line with the site master plan.
· Work with key stakeholders, including trade unions, to identify operational needs and service level agreements.
· Deliver year on year improvements to unit cost, lead times and quality of the finished product.
· Ensure product meets the agreed customer specification and the appropriate testing has been carried out at each process step.
· Oversee the ongoing implementation and development of the cell structure within the department ensuring there is an effective plan to get the right people in the right jobs.
· Ensure the cost-effective use of manufacturing equipment and use of working capital. Focus upon all cost variance.
· Manage the day and shift team structure to ensure alignment between performances, processes and people in terms of Safety, Security, Quality, Cost, Delivery and People.
· Ensure short, medium and long term capacity (labour and equipment) is available to meet production plans at optimum cost base. This process should be supported by succession planning and training programmes.
· Work closely with your leaders and other support functions ensuring that projects and actions are distributed effectively across the areas to improve operational effectiveness. · Deputise for the Head of Operations when required working alongside departmental managers to ensure that operational controls are met in line with internal and external customer expectations.
Qualifications and Experience
· 5-10 years manufacturing experience at a manager level.
· A proven leader who is able to clearly demonstrate transformational drive and energy with a passion for change.
· Proven career path with experience in leading and developing teams at a senior level in a manufacturing environment with at a significant level of line management experience.
· Clear manufacturing background with an ability to prioritise and seek solutions to problems impacting the operational objectives.
· Proven track record in engaging, influencing and collaborating with key stakeholders to drive positive change.
· A leader in the delivery of lean manufacturing methodologies.
· A leader in TPM (Asset Care).
· Proven delivery of Floor management Systems.