Harrison Scott Associates
£40k to £45k pa (depending on experience)
A unique opportunity has arisen within the Production department of a globally renowned publishing company. They are on the search for a Paper Manager to join their team of highly skilled and dedicated staff. With a background in the paper industry, together with experience in a managerial role, your role will be to perform the following:
· Organise the efficient and timely purchase of paper stocks for the company’s complete portfolio of magazines.
· Ensure availability of sufficient paper stocks to agreed specifications and quality for the manufacture of all titles and ancillary products, whilst minimising stockholdings.
· Ensure timely invoice receipt and payment approval in accordance with existing pricing contracts.
· Manage all paper related technical claims, including processing of credits in a timely manner when necessary.
· Liaise with all paper suppliers regarding product and manufacturing developments, and to report internally on paper market activity when required.
· Assist the Production Director with contract price negotiations.
· Liaise with external inventory software supplier, to ensure all systems are maintained correctly and any problems resolved in a timely manner.
· Line-manage the post of Paper Controller, including conducting regular personal development reviews, providing holiday cover and other support.
Both Excel, for cost analysis and PowerPoint, for presentations are an essential requirement, together with a knowledge of the KPI process.
The role will involve some travel, mainly within the UK. There will also be a requirement for out-of-hours working at times. Involvement with waste management compliance procedures and attendance at the PPA environmental committee will make up a small part of this role.
Reporting directly to the Production Director, the successful candidate will maintain a close working relationship with the key managers within the production department, therefore it is essential that you able to clearly communicate with all levels of management.