A position is available for an enthusiastic prepress operator to join our clients prepress team. We are looking for someone who is keen to be a proactive member of the prepress team, with a high level of motivation to ensure time and quality targets are met and has a ‘can do’ attitude to solving problems. The key objective of the role is to efficiently offer direct and indirect technical support to customers to resolve file supply issues promptly and ensure exceptional service in the pre-production and digital print departments
We are looking for a highly capable Prepress Operator, with a strong work ethic and an eye for detail, to undertake the pre-flighting, editing, imposition, proofing of the artwork for packaging and commercial print jobs which will be produced on offset and digital print technology. Extensive knowledge of ADOBE Suite is essential but knowledge of ESKO software, Fuji XMF, Enfocus PitStop Pro software will be an advantage. Experience operating and printing with digital print technology ideally on Xerox iGen5, HP Indigo, Mimaki JFX200 or similar. Applicants should have extensive experience (min 5 years of prepress work) preferably in a packaging or commercial print environment.
JOB PURPOSE: To efficiently execute and manage the tasks in the Prepress Department to ensure that all customer work is delivered within key time, quality and cost targets.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• To process files in a timely and efficient manner, utilising all of the Prepress software and hardware
• To offer direct support to clients/sales reps/customer service personnel by phone and email in order to resolve any file supply issues promptly with minimum disruption and offering the best possible service to clients.
• To impose and prepare artwork files for packaging and commercial print impositions for litho and digital press.
• Undertake and be responsible for checking and exposing plates, preparing pass-sheets, coating blankets, organizing the storage and file keeping of the all previously produced prepress jobs.
• Performs daily/weekly/monthly maintenance on the digital presses and all the prepress equipment
• To seek to develop skills to allow overlap between functions
• To be a pro-active member of the Pre-Production team.
• To maintain CTP skills and be prepared to step into this area where required.
• To follow suitable working practices to ensure that quality and productivity are maintained and improved.
• To ensure that quality checks are performed using the appropriate Quality System Procedures.
• Maintain and take care of the service and maintenance of all the equipment in the Prepress department.
• Ensure all pass sheets, coating blankets, plates, digital proofs and any other preconditions are met and ready at least a day before the jobs are scheduled to print • Take ownership of anything else you may be asked to do to ensure the efficiency of your department.
• Experience of operation, calibration and maintenance of the digital presses which are used to print and check all the digital packaging and digital general print work.
• Knowledge of CAD design, packaging sampling and operation of a CAD table Knowledge of online artwork submission tools and portals
• Creating and amending of pre-flight profiles • Creating and adjusting pre production workflows (e.g ESKO or Switch etc