About the job
NEW VACANCY! (SN2542)
PRINT & FINISHING SUPERVISOR - LF Digital & Signage
Up To £40K + Overtime (Time ½) + Pension + Life Assurance + Critical Illness Cover + Annual Bonus + 25 Days Holiday + 8 Bank Holidays
Hours of Work: Monday To Friday / 8:00am To 5:00pm (Flexibility will be needed)
Our client are Europe's leading manufacturer and supplier of Temporary Protection Materials, used to protect expensive fixtures and fittings, for the construction industry. They are currently looking to recruit a Printing & Finishing Supervisor for their new signage department. The ideal candidate will have previous experience in the signage industry.
- Overall responsibility for all daily production activities within the sign & print department.
- As the department grows you must ensure that all print operators and production operatives are organised and producing signage, print and finished products to the highest quality standards in a tidy and organised fashion to ensure client deadlines are met.
- Close working relationships with: Print & Production Operatives, Operations Manager, Construction Signage Manager
- Effectively plan the daily production schedule and allocate staff to ensure the department is producing work to the to the prescribed quality standard and ensuring jobs are complete to deadlines
- Ensure the department is producing products to the highest quality by monitoring the Ripping, Printing, Cutting, Fabricating, Finishing and Packaging tasks within the department
- Effectively use the Filemaker software to ensure production tasks are allocated and progressed with job/task being updated throughout the production process through to completion.
- Ensure staff are adding accurate time and material usage onto Filemaker
- Efficiently nest jobs together using RIP software to ensure wastage is kept to a minimum
- To host daily production meetings to discuss workloads and identify and potential issues
Printer & Kongsberg operation / Maintenance:
- Operate the large format printers (Jetrix Flatbed, Roll to Roll, HP Latex) efficiently and produce work to the highest possible standards by constantly monitoring the print output quality
- Operate the Kongsberg CNC cutter using the correct tools, speeds and settings required to accurately cut medias
- Produce work as per daily schedule and ensure that deadlines are met.
- Ensure the department area always has adequate stock of media and consumables, and stock takes are completed as required.
- Ensure all daily jobs are completed and to inform your Manager / Customer Services of any problems or delays
- Ensure maintenance takes place as per manufactures guidelines and any problems or defects are reported to Line Manager.
- Daily, weekly and monthly records to be kept of any of maintenance done.
- Liaise with service engineers and arrange call outs when required and ensuring breakdowns are resolved
- Track and order any consumables required for the printers and Kongsberg machines
Finishing and Despatch:
- Ensure any goods requiring additional laminates, fabrication, fixings and hardware are finished as per product specification.
- Ensure goods are professionally wrapped, packaged and labelled effectively to ensure they are protected during transit and arrive in good order.
- Ensure number of parcels are added to Filemaker and job is marked as completed.
- Finished goods should finally be taken to a dedicated area in the warehouse ready for despatch.
- Follow the print procedure and other relevant company procedures.
- Keep records and update wastage records on a daily basis.
- Comply with company's recycling procedures
- Uphold all health and safety requirements in the workplace.
- Maintain an orderly and organised working environment.
- Act in accordance with the relevant Health and Safety policies and procedures.