Harrison Scott Associates
A major East Midlands printing company is looking to fill the key role of Operations Director, ensuring organisational effectiveness by providing leadership for the site's production and distribution functions. Serving as a member of the Senior Management Team, you will contribute to the development and implementation of organisational strategies, policies and practices.
• Direct and manage all Production and Distribution employees to ensure that they are appropriately motivated and trained and carry their responsibilities to the required standard.
• Contribute to the development of the company’s corporate strategy and lead strategy development in the areas of Production and Distribution to ensure that the company achieves its short and long-term objectives.
• Develop and implement all necessary policies and procedures to ensure that the Production and Distribution functions achieve their business objectives.
• Develop and control the budget for the Operations Department to ensure production and distribution department have all the resources required to meet its objectives within agreed financial parameters.
• Direct and control the Production function to ensure that finished goods of the required standard are available to customers within agreed costs and at the right times.
• Direct and manage the Warehousing and Distribution functions to ensure that customers are supplied with the right quantities of goods at the right times.
• Maintain an effective working relationship with the management team to ensure that there is effective co-ordination of all company activities in support of corporate objectives.
• Act as the company’s main adviser on all issues relating operational functions and keep abreast of latest developments to ensure that the Company maintains its competitive position.
• Oversee overall financial management, planning, systems and controls within production and distribution.
• Management of the temporary agency workers budget in coordination with the MD and finance department.
• Work with finance in the development of departmental budgets
• Payroll management, including overtime and absence.
• Work with finance to produce fiscal documents.
• Regular meetings with MD around fiscal planning.
• Supervise and coach all direct reports.
• Oversee monthly and quarterly assessments and forecasts of manufacturing areas financial performance against budget, financial and operational goals. Oversee short and long-term financial and managerial reporting.
• Assisting the MD in creating annual organisational budget
• Extensive experience in operations management along with demonstrated leadership and vision in managing staff groups and major projects or initiatives.
• Significant experience of the printing industry
• Excellent computer skills and proficient in excel, word, outlook, and access
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
• Knowledge and experience in organisational effectiveness and operations management implementing best practices.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style.
• Budgeting experience
• A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace
• Excels at operating in a fast pace, community environment
• Persuasive with details and facts
• Delegate responsibilities effectively
Candidates must experience or qualified in Lean Manufacturing.