About the job
An opportunity has arisen in our production department, and we are looking for a production manager to lead one of the most modern and varied production facilities in the UK at an exciting time for the company as it executes it’s post pandemic strategy. You will be working within a close knit, dynamic team to push our state of the art equipment to its potential and delight our fantastic customer base. If you have experience in working in the litho and small format digital sector across a wide and diverse product mix and are committed to driving efficiencies, continuous improvement, controlling costs, developing and engaging our people and exceeding our customers expectations – you may be who we are looking for!
BCQ is a creative production company providing strategic, creative and productive services to support our customer's marketing, from one source. Through our services our aim is to transform our customer’s marketing and help them to make a real difference in their business.
Our diversity of services means we have a team who can advise, devise, produce and deliver our customer's projects, be they a digital or print campaign, a website, a mailing, point-of-sale, an exhibition, printed collateral, social media strategy, video or an integrated mix of them all.
To find out more about BCQ visit: bcqgroup.com
About the role:
You will join us on a full time contract basis, and in return, you will receive a competitive salary dependant on experience. BCQ is recognised as the leading marketing services provider in the Buckinghamshire area. We are committed to delivering the very highest level of quality and customer service.
As our production manager, you will be responsible for ensuring the diverse range of products we produce across litho and small format digital are produced efficiently, to the highest standard and delivered on time in full.
What we're looking for:
This role requires strong personal initiative, interpersonal skills, attention to detail and excellent time keeping skills as well as a positive company orientated attitude and desire to consistently achieve and perform at the highest level.
You will have proven experience in driving efficiencies and cost savings in a litho and small format digital commercial print environment, and strong working knowledge of broad range of print finishing processes.
You will lead on quality initiatives and strive to eliminate spoilage.
Ideally you will have experience with our MIS: Tharstern, however training will be provided to the right candidate.
Whilst not essential experience with wide format and direct mail would also be desirable.
The roles key accountabilities are:
- On time in full delivery.
- Driving efficiencies at all stages through the production process.
- Demonstrate cost savings.
- Have a thorough attention to detail to produce accurate work with mistakes within targeted number/value.
- Have a good commercial awareness of the most efficient methods of producing sheetfed litho and small format digital work, ensuring the most cost-effective manufacturing solutions are employed.
- Have a good understanding of finishing processes (perfect binding, saddle stitching, die cut & creasing etc.), including imposition requirements.
- Build and maintain supplier relationships.
- Support, develop and coach the fantastic BCQ production team.