Harrison Scott Associates
£50-60k basic (depending on experience) plus benefits
A print and packaging company is recruiting for a Quality Manager to have overall authority for the quality performance including product disposition and release.
The Quality Manager is accountable for the leadership of the Quality team for the site. You will be responsible for leading the execution and deployment of the defined Strategic Quality Plan in conjunction with the site leadership team and the site Quality Team; and provide Total Quality Leadership to customers, suppliers, partners and internal manufacturing process. This role will lead continuous improvement activities in targeted areas. Additionally, they will execute the Quality Assurance strategy on site to ensure product flow consistent with established industry standards, government regulations and customer requirements, conduct internal and external audits.
Principal Accountabilities and Key Activities:
• Managing the Quality department for the site.
• Accountable for definition of strategy for Quality Unit size, organisational structure and culture to meet the future requirements of the business.
• Lead, the auditing of internal Quality Systems and completes part approval documentation to assure that customer requirements are met in new or modified products and processes
• Analyses organizational quality metrics and performs managerial reviews to evaluate results and recommend action plans to close gaps at an operational level
• Train and coach Quality operators and team to ensure a high level of competency in the function is adhered to
• Ensures development, implementation, and audit of complex inspection and test plans, standards and acceptance criteria, and procedures/work instructions
• Coordinates with plant leadership to prepare consolidated plant, customer, and product status information and action plans
• Implementation of the GMP standard on production site
• Accountable for ensuring the preparation and outcome of all GMP based regulatory and customer audits.
• Liaison with customer’s technical, production and quality departments
• Uphold all health and safety rules and procedures that are in place
• Maintains a safe working environment for the function and participates in associated site safety activities.
Education, Qualifications and Experience:
• Experience of Managing a Quality department or a senior QA position is desirable
• Trustworthiness, ability and initiative to work independently but also as part of a team
• Willingness to travel if required
• Strong experience within GMP environment.
• A wide range of experience in dealing with quality assurance, system development, regulatory compliance, validation and manufacturing groups.
• Experience of relevant continuous improvement techniques. LEAN, Kaizen, Black Belt etc.