About the job
NEW VACANCY! (SN2544)
Up to £30K (Depending on Experience) + Overtime (Time ½)
Hours: Monday to Friday / 9am to 5:30pm (8-hour day)
Our client is an independently owned signage company based in the South East. They are currently looking to recruit a Sign Installer with production skills to join their team, to install signage and vinyl graphics for their wide variety of clients.
- Install a wide range of signage and vinyl mainly in and around the London area - from lettering to wall / window graphics
- Use of computer aided vinyl cutting plotters, large format inkjet printers and studio production skills as well as sign installation experience fixing vinyl graphics, window/wall graphics and hard signage.
- Use the ink jet printers and printing software; vinyl cutters and cutting software.
- Produce work in the studio using the equipment and installation at client's premises which includes outdoors.
- The successful candidate may also be asked to work in other areas of the UK and Europe.
- Deal with paperwork and administration in relation to the role.
- To work as a team with colleagues in production and installation as well as other staff in the business.
- Able to take responsibility and manage other staff if required.
- Be responsible for personal safety and that of others while working.
- To attend equipment or skills training courses as required by the Production Manager
- Keep work areas tidy, tools, equipment, materials and deliveries are stored away safely and are easily accessible
- Carry out production processes within the studio and install signage outside of the premises
- Bring knowledge and experience.
- Have a weekly meeting with the Production Manager to review the work carried out the previous week and to plan for the week ahead.
- Before work starts daily to meet with the Production Manager and junior production staff to discuss work to be carried out that day and safe working.
- Ensure that safe working practices are carried out for your own and others safety.
- Use of CNC machine tools and metalworking is an advantage.
- CSCS, PASMA and IPAF cards attained.
- Ability to work at height.
- The ideal candidate will be Self-motivated and able to use their own initiative.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Computer skills to use email and design/production software.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Practical 'hands-on' skills.
- Maths skills for measurements and calculations.
- Good spelling and grammar.
- Keen to learn new skills and techniques.
- Knowledge of lettering styles and fonts.